Hire One of Your Own
Odessa Auto Accident Attorney
Representing Car Accident Victims in Pecos & Throughout West Texas
When you or your family member is injured from a serious collision on the road, the future can look bleak and uncertain. How will you afford the medical bills? Will you ever be able to work again? How will you stay afloat without bringing in income? These questions could all have been avoided had a negligent driver paid attention.
At the Law Offices Of Hector Peña, PLLC, our car accident lawyers in Odessa can provide you with answers by filing an auto accident claim or lawsuit against the responsible party and holding them accountable for your pain and suffering. Our mission is to help you recover maximum compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other economic hardships so you can get back on your feet without being financially ruined.
Headed by our founding attorney Hector Peña, our firm has experience handling hundreds of car accident cases and is fully prepared to fight for you at the negotiation table or in court. Get in touch with us today so we can give you an understanding of your rights and the options available to you by law. While you focus on getting better, we’ll focus our attention on getting you the money you deserve.
Schedule a consultation with an auto accident attorney in Odessa or Pecos by dialing (432) 356-2424 or contacting us online. Se habla español.
How Dangerous Are Texas Roads?
In a state where we depend so much on vehicles to get us to work, school, shopping centers, and leisure, it’s no surprise that Texas is home to many auto accidents. Statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDot) show that:
- Car accidents occur nearly every 56 seconds
- On average, nearly 500,000 car accidents happen per year
- Nearly half of those car accidents result in injured victims
- There is at least one traffic fatality per day
While these numbers are certainly concerning, you may feel that if you are cautious and attentive, you can safely avoid a collision. Of course this helps your chances, but unfortunately, you can only control your actions and not the actions of other drivers on the road. Many drivers make poor decisions behind the wheel such as drinking and driving, texting, or using their phones while driving, disregarding traffic rules, and driving recklessly. These choices can lead to a collision no matter how well you are driving.
Every time you go out on the road, you’re taking a risk. If you end up in a wreck due to the negligence of another motorist, an experienced car accident attorney can help you to go after those responsible so you can recoup your losses and move on with your life.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Car accidents can strike out of nowhere at any moment. When they occur, you may feel disoriented, frightened, and frozen in shock. As much as you may not want to think about such an ordeal occurring, the more you know about what you should do in the aftermath of an accident, the better position you will be in when it comes to making a claim.
At the Law Offices Of Hector Peña, PLLC our attorneys assist clients throughout West Texas understand what to do after a car or semi-truck accident. Below, we’ve outlined some key steps to take to safeguard your rights and well-being.
Following a car accident injury, be sure to:
- Seek medical attention: This is the most important step to take, even if you feel that you came out of the accident without injury. Call 911 and have an ambulance transport you to the nearest emergency room. Some injuries like whiplash and other aches and pains may not show up until later, so the sooner you get checked out the better for your health.
- Call the police: Alert law enforcement right away so you can file an official report. Explain the entire sequence of events to the police so they get your side of the story on paper.
- Gather documentation: If you are physically able, exchange information with the party or parties involved in the crash. Keep conversation to a minimum and just obtain their names, license plate numbers, phone numbers, and insurance information. You should also take a moment to take photos and videos of the accident scene, damage to your vehicle, and images of the injuries you sustained.
- Maintain your records: Keep a running file of all your medical reports, doctor bills, and medical treatments as well as records of the time you missed at work. If you have injuries, keep a record of your status and how the pain of your injuries has hindered your daily living.
- Avoid speaking to the at-fault driver’s insurance company: The other driver’s insurance company may reach out to you to get a statement. Do not speak to them as they may be looking for a reason to deny a claim or present you with an unfair settlement amount. Tell them to direct everything to your lawyer.
- Hire a car accident lawyer: The best way to protect your rights after a serious accident is to reach out to an experienced auto accident attorney to help you with the claims process and work to get you the appropriate compensation for your damages.
As traumatizing of an experience a car accident can be, by remaining calm and making the right moves immediately following a collision, you can help your chances of recovering significant compensation. Our Odessa auto accident attorneys are happy to answer any questions you may have after a serious car wreck.
Call the Law Offices Of Hector Peña, PLLC at (432) 356-2424 or complete our online form today to get started with a FREE initial case evaluation. Our West Texas car accident lawyers are bilingual and can communicate with you in Spanish.
"WITH LEGAL REPRESENTATION YOU CAN ENSURE YOUR RIGHTS ARE PROTECTED AND CAN BE PROVIDED FOR IN COURT." - HECTOR PENA, PLLC
Hector Pena is the lawyer you want on your side.
Hector Pena is the lawyer you want on your side. The plea agreement was I pleaded guilty to one charge and got 4 others dismissed. Thanks Hector for your help in my cases.- James E.
He's one of the best, good results, and fast.
If you need a lawyer Hector Peńa is your answer. He's one of the best, good results, and fast. He knows what he's doing, take my word for it.- Isela V.
Attorney Mr. Pena is the greatest in his field.
I'm really grateful for Mr.Hector Pena and his team, for being very caring and supportive through the entire case settlement process. If you are looking for an Attorney Mr. Pena is the greatest in his field. He is very humble and knowledgeable and handles every case with professionalism. I will strongly recommend to friends and family.- Hector B.
What You Can Expect with Us
Se habla español
Committed to Executing Cases With Integrity and Tenacity
Aggressive & Compassionate Representation